We finally have some GREAT NEWS for Associations and clubs regarding the Working with Children Check. The OCG has just released a new simple WWC Guide for Clubs to help them administer the WWC.
Find below information and links to new Working with Children Check (WWCC) resources from the Office of the Children’s Guardian (OCG). These may be of assistance with your WWCC roll out, and education of your member clubs and work well in conjunction with the Child-Safe Workshops or new E-learning module.
There are also a number of Child Safe Sports workshops worth mentioning that start next week in Western NSW for sport associations and clubs in that region.
NEW FACT SHEET – “Administering the WWCC: a guide for sports clubs”
Office of the Children’s Guardian (OCG) has produced a new WWCC fact sheet specifically to help sports clubs.
CHILD SAFE SPORTS TRAINING
OCG continues to run Child Safe Sport training. The 2 hour session is designed to help sports organisations and clubs to understand the changes to the WWCC and implement effective child safe strategies and practices.
- Face-to-face session – there are a number planned around Orange, Condobolin, Dubbo and Mudgee in early June 2015. View workshops
- Webinar – 17 June 2015. View details
NEW E-LEARNING COURSE
OCG has launched a new E-Learning course on the WWCC
- The course is designed to help employers understand their obligations
- More info and access E-Learning
CHILD SAFE SPORT – JOIN THE CHEER SQUAD
OCG’s We Want Sport To Keep Kids Safe community campaign is a great message to share with affiliates, encouraging everyone to have a role in child safe sports.
- View and share the video
- Encourage clubs to “join the cheer squad” – Download the placards and send in a picture with them.
GENERAL TRAINING AND RESOURCES
OCG continues to offer a wide range of general training opportunities and resources:
- Child Safe training (one day courses)
- WWCC online tutorials
- Fact sheets on a wide range of WWCC topics
- Tips for becoming a Child Safe organisations
NEED MORE HELP?
Did you know that you can contact the OCG directly? You can request OCG run an info/training session specifically for your ASSOCIATION AND CLUBS. Go to the OCG website for a booking form (right column, under seminars)
Risk Manager & State Member Protection Officer
Football NSW Limited