I would like to welcome everyone to our website, this post comemorates our 2013 Doms Motors Soccer Senior Grandfinal, and the playing season in its entirety. On behalf of the Griffith & District Soccer Association, I would like to thank all parties involved in the operation of this season and wish all the teams for the grandfinal the best.
This year we have continued with our major sponsor in that being Dom’s Motors for the Senior Competition, ProTen Chicken Farms for a Rep Junior Teams and now we have just secured Bendigo Bank as the Major Sponsor for the Junior Competition for a Three Year Deal & the Exies Sports Club for the Host of the Grandfinal and senior presentation night.
Achievements during this 2013 soccer season are:
– Junior Representative – branch title winners in under Boys 12, 13, 14 & 15 age groups and Girls in the U12’s age group.
– Country Cup winners of 13, 14 & 15s Boys and 14 Girls age group – 12 Boys & Girls Runners Up.
– 1 girl selected in the under 15 Girls NSW country team
– 3 boys selected in the under 13 NSW country team
– 2 boys in the 14 NSW Country Team
– 3 U14 Girls representing NSW in a tournament in Fiji
– Our Pathways program Run by Ben Duggan & Ross Morgan which provides additional skills training offered to ages under 8 to under 15s. Currently we have 150 kids attending these sessions every Monday night and 192 registered
– Our bus transport for junior players attending Riverina and SAP training in Wagga every Friday night. This has been generously donated by Paul & Bruna Serena. On average we have between 25 – 30 Kids per trip
– Our Representative fundraising committee raised some great funds this year to help with costs of representative soccer players.
– This year we hosted a Football NSW Country Trial in Griffith for the U13’s & U14’s.
– Through that we then hosted the U13’s State Titles for a whole week in Griffith
– We also have our junior rep teams compete in the State Cup. U13’s where successful winning the Grandfinal with the U12’s being beat in a close match in the Grandfinal
– Also Hanwood FC First Grade being beat in Penalty Shoot Out in the Grandfinal as well
– Secured a 1 Year Trial for the Grandfinal at the Exies Sporties Club
In conclusion, I would like to thank all of our members as part of the association. During my role throughout the year, I have noticed a lot of passion, loyalty and commitment from players, parents, spectators and committees and this can only make football in Griffith bigger and better.
The final series has already been a huge success in my eyes. It has been great as a spectator with the skill and speed of the players.
Play hard, play fair and results will happen.